Hi,

I thought that prepared statements in non-finalized state isn't compatible
with locking mechanism in db sharing environment i.e. if I want for any of
several processes not to hang waiting for EXCLUSIVE lock none of others
should use non-finalized prepared statements. But today I found that they
can coexist, but sqlite3_reset should be called (even if I'm not planning
new data reading). My simple test confirmed this: a writing process waited
getting SQLTE_BUSY results indefinitely and when another process called
sqlite3_reset (I'm sure this is the only sqlite api call performed fired by
button press), the first one successfully ended writing.

So is such behavior documented and can be used or should I still avoid
keeping such "live" statements in db-shared enviroment?

Platform: Windows

Thanks

Max