Hello
I am hoping someone can help with the following problem.

- I want to create a log of all changes to tables in a database.
- I would like to keep the log table in a separate database to the
main data files
- I plan to use triggers to capture changes and insert them into the
log table.

Question:
How can I embed the 'attach" command within the trigger statement so
that the log database is attached if it is not already available?

i.e something like

create trigger insert_data after insert on data
begin
        if database logdb does not exist
                attach logdb.db as logdb;

        insert into logdb.log values(.....)
end;

I am also a little concerned about performance so I am not sure if
testing for the presence of the database for every change will add to
much overhead. Thoughts?
Thanks