Hello Martin,

Do the ping both before and after you open the DB.

ping_server("10.0.0.4"); //my ping function, which pings a "hardcoded" IP,
sqlite3_open(DB_NAME);
sqlite3_close(DB_NAME);
ping_server("10.0.0.4"); //my ping function, which pings a "hardcoded" IP,

See if the first one works. That'll validate your theory. My guess is
the first one won't work either and you're barking up the wrong tree.

MS> I have a program which builds an ICMP package over IP and sends it. Before
MS> that, I get IP number and other information from a SQlite DB. I was having
MS> problems, so I began to comment different parts of the code, until I got to
MS> this code (pseudocode):

MS> sqlite3_open(DB_NAME);
MS> sqlite3_close(DB_NAME);

MS> ping_server("10.0.0.4"); //my ping function, which pings a "hardcoded" IP,
MS> doesnt interact with DB

MS> If I run that code, the package nevers gets send (can't detect it with
MS> Wireshark). If a comment the sqlite part, it works perfectly. Somehow, the
MS> SQlite function calls are screwing with the port access, but I can't fin any
MS> reasonable explanation.
MS> Any ideas?
MS> I've been stuck for days with this problem.

MS> Regards,
MS> Martin Sigwald

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com