On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Shane Harrelson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM, cliff 2
> <bailey.cliff...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Hopefully someone here can help where the android guys haven't been
>> able
>> to.
>> We are having an issue with our sqlite database running on the
>> android
>> platform. We are accessing the db from the sdcard on an android phone
>> running android 2.1.
>>
>> As all we are doing is reading the database, I really can't see how
>> we can
>> be corrupting it.

> You're probably hitting a cache corruption issue caused by a mutex
> issue
> previously fixed.  More information here:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?n=8&b=2010-01-31
>
> Not sure at this point what kind of work-arounds are available to you.

To amplify what Shane said, the corruption is probably just in the
page cache, not in the database file itself.  So if you are able to
close and reopen the database connection when you run into problems,
that might provide a work-around (assuming we are guessing correctly
at the root cause of your problem.)

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com