On 23 Apr 2010, at 1:16pm, liubin liu wrote:

> But I test the routine of sqlite3_prepare_v2() + sqlite3_step() +
> sqlite3_finalize() in my real code.
>
> And the test result say when sqlite3_step() is shadowed, the leak is zero.
> When doing the sqlite3_step(), the leak is about 1k byte. And another
> curious phenomenon is that while there are many datas in the data file, the
> leak is more bigger than while there are few datas in the data file.

It is okay for both sqlite3_prepare_v2() and sqlite3_step() to use memory, but
all the memory they use should be released by sqlite3_finalize().  So ignore
any information you get until you have correctly called the _finalize()
function.

Similarly, opening a database may use up memory, but calling _close() should
free it all.

Simon.