We have sqlite databases in a memory shared cache environment where
individual tables may be locked out by other processes. This means that
we have to worry about SQLITE-BUSY errors and make sure are code can
handle this.

There is some internal debate about whether we have to worry about table
locks only at the beginning of a transaction, or whether a commit itself
can generate them.

The question is, if we have a transaction with several sql statements
that execute without any locks, is there anyway that the commit itself
would encounter a lock. We know that the commit involves writing of the
results from memory to disk, but would any potentials locks actually be
deferred until this point?