On 29 May 2010, at 1:44am, Jim Terman wrote:

> That's good to now about the automatic rowid. I can certainly create a
> new column in phonebook that shows the row number with id INTEGER
> PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT. However, I'd really would like to do the same
> thing in a view.

When you do your CREATE command, include the 'id' column of the phonebook with
your other columns:

CREATE VIEW phonebook_order AS SELECT id, first_name, last_name,
phone_number FROM phonebook ORDER BY last_name, first_name;

Or are you asking about the 'rowid' of the view ?  I don't know whether that's
a valid idea.

Simon.