On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM, P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No. WHERE clause is a completely different part of the statement,
> different from WHEN which is a part of the CASE construct. "CASE..
> WHEN .. THEN .. ELSE .. END" is one construct, an expression, and
> applies to the columns, while WHEN is a completely different part.

Thank you, unfortunately I am still 100% clueless as to how to use the
CASE ... WHEN ... THEN ... ELSE ... END to solve this pseudo code
problem in one SQL statement:

prepare "SELECT FolderId, ImageId, instertedon  FROM
V_FAVORITES_SELECTED WHERE instertedon > julianday(@time)"
do(step) {
  if( findImage(@rootPath, FolderId, ImageId) == 1)
    break;
}

Like I said originally, the SQL statement looks like this currently,
but the findImage is called on the whole resultset:

SELECT FolderId, ImageId, instertedon
      FROM V_FAVORITES_SELECTED
     WHERE instertedon > julianday(@time) AND findImage(@path,
FolderId, ImageId) = 1
     LIMIT 1

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could show me EXACTLY what it
should look like, sometimes the switch from C/C++ to SQL is a bit too
much for me:)

Sam