> step 3: try to delete/update records from the table "doesntwork" from within
> the
> frontend (OpenOffice 3.2.1)
>
> The result from within Base is as the tablename indicates (doesn't work). And
> from that point I don't know what to do besides saying: "that has to be an
> error
> in the ODBC-driver".

Nope. :) You should say at this point "That has to be an error in
OpenOffice", go find some OpenOffice bug tracker or OpenOffice-related
discussion list and bring this issue to their attention. You can also
hope that somebody from their team is reading this and will answer
your concerns or somebody using the same frontend is reading this and
will direct you where you should file a bug...

Pavel