> I can't understand why is it a bad practice to use database-provided features?

You can use it when you are selecting. And even in this case you
should use caution because without explicit column declared by you
SQLite can change rowids without notice. And for foreign keys it's
mandatory to reference to real columns.

> I think this is a bug. It should be fixed.

Nope, it's not a bug.

> I just wanted to write less text in my queries.

Where does explicitly declared column containing rowid introduce more
text to your queries? Could you give us examples? I bet in all of them
either you don't understand something or you use non-reliable
techniques which should be ditched at some point anyway if you want to
write easily readable and supportable application.

Pavel