Ben
In fact, I am converting a binary file to SQLite3, the file is in format as
below:
struct Stock {
        int day;
        int     open;
        int high;
        int low;
        int close;
        double volume;
};

and I use code as below to get NSDate with 2010-09-03 00:00:00

#define kSecondsRest  18 * 60 * 60 - 59 * 60 - 28
NSData *data = [NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:file options:0 error:&error];
struct Stock *stock = (struct Stock*)[data bytes];
int seconds = 86400 * (stock->day + 125913) - kSecondsRest;
int hours = seconds / 3600;
NSDate *date = [NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSince1970:seconds];

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Miscellaneous/Foundation_DataTypes/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/tdef/NSTimeInterval