There's no contradiction in those citations. First talks about website
with some 100K hits/day. Website means application running on some
dedicated server, clients send HTTP requests to your application and
application processes it working with locally stored database. Second
citation is talking about some file-server where you store your
database, and clients run your application locally which then access
database via some file sharing network protocol.

> I have no experience with SQLite but some MySQL experience. Is SQLite a good
> fit for this type of application/situation?

Generally speaking - no, because as citation says using SQLite
database over the network is a bad idea. But depending on your usage
patterns it might work, although without strong guarantees that
database will never be corrupted.

Pavel