I am working on a project in VS2008 and I am including the sqlite3 code
directly (compared to in the past using wrappers).  The program is working
great  (accessing DB, using calls, etc) but I have hit a peculiar issue
during runtime.  I am getting an error from VS that is:

----
Run-Time Check Failure #1 - A cast to a smaller data type has caused a
loss of data.  If this was intentional, you should mask the source of the
cast with the appropriate bitmask.  For example:

        char c = (i & 0xFF);

Changing the code in this way will not affect the quality of the resulting
optimized code.

----

Is this a common Multibyte versus Unicode error issue?

Thanks,

K.