On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Drake Wilson <dr...@begriffli.ch> wrote:
> Just to clarify, a trigger isn't useful for this in general, because
> you still have nowhere to get the function pointer from.  Above I was
> worrying that the current SQLite code might be less safe than it could
> be as a result of allowing this in triggers by default.

Since the tokenizer-registration code accepts an encoded pointer to a
vtable, it probably should be considered unsafe to expose to users.
For Gears and Chrome, where SQLite is exposed to web developers, we
did manual tokenizer registration and disabled the SQL-based
registration code.  This can be done using authorizers.

-scott