I see. I was not aware of this because the display results of "select * from
<TBLXYZ>" has always shown up in ascending order of ID. I don't recall a
single instance where it was delivered out of order, and hence my
assumption.

Now I understand Kishore's comment better about the DB not knowing about
occurance and having to use order by. Will do.

Kavita