On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:53:40 -0500, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

> Someone recently said he felt that a test:code ratio of 1:1 is about
> optimal, so

Where do people get notions like this?  Cf.:

: Someone recently said he felt that programmer productivity is about
: optimal at 100 lines of code per day, so we fired everyone who

How else are people to measure things they don’t understand?  It can all
be so much easier:

: Someone recently said he felt that the practical value of an
: equation is best measured by its length, so we decided to
: stop using E = mc².

: Someone recently said he felt that a circumference:radius ratio of
: 4 is about optimal, so we legislated thus the value of π.

: Someone recently said he felt that a publications:year ratio
: of 16 is about optimal, so Gauss was an incompetent mathematician.

“Facere e natura” is the mother of “pauca sed matura”.

Samuel Adam <a...@certifound.com>
763 Montgomery Road
Hillsborough, NJ  08844-1304
United States