On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:56:47 +0000 (UTC), Oliver Peters
<oliver....@web.de> wrote:

>Jay A. Kreibich <j...@...> writes:
>
>[...]
>>
>>   You can also live dangerously and set "PRAGMA writable_schema=1",
>>   allowing you to UPDATE the sqlite_master table directly.
>>
>>    -j
>>

>is this PRAGMA documented? Can't find it here http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html

No, it is undocumented and unsupported. Use at your own risk.
It is easy to destroy a database using it, and nobody can help you
recover it.

>What do I achieve by updating sqlite_master? Until now I thought
>that it is just a kind of log for DDL-statements.

The table- index- view- and trigger metadata is only stored in the
sql column in sqlite_master. It is parsed on every sqlite3_open*().
The in-memory structures you see with PRAGMA table_info() and PRAGMA
index_info() are the result of that parsing.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )