Hi,

I have a database placed on a shared drive.
Two processes (from different hosts) do a bunch of select commands.

I have a busy handler that sleeps of 1 second in each attempt and bails out
after 10 attempts.

The observation is that, if only one process is running (on any host) the
results are returned pretty fast. However, if both processes are doing the
selects concurrently the performance is dead slow.
Note that each process is doing somewhere around 5000 selects. My understanding
is that when only selects are happening there is no locking involved.

I am using 3.7.2.

Regards,

Prakash Bande
Altair Engg. Inc.