On 16 Dec 2010, at 7:26pm, David Bicking wrote:

> Oh, and as I recall, sqlite2 completely ignored the type declaration. It
> stored what you typed in the schema, but did nothing with it.

True.  Only the value stored mattered, and then only for the purposes of
comparison and sorting:

http://www.sqlite.org/datatypes.html

If you are using SQLite2, and intend to carry on using it, you should
definitely read this page since it will save you a lot of work and confusion.

> I am pretty sure that sqlite3 treats text, char and varchar completely the
> same. It ignores the number after char(x) or varchar(x).

Indeed:

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

There is only one type of value that isn't a number, and it's TEXT.

Simon.