From: "Richard Hipp" <d...@sqlite.org>
To: "General Discussion of SQLite Database" <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>;
<sqlite-...@sqlite.org>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:29 PM
Subject: [sqlite] Windows performance problems associated with malloc()

> An SQLite user has brought to our attention a performance issue in SQLite
> that seems to be associated with malloc().  If you have  insights or
> corroborating experience with this issue please let me know.

I have a large Windows application that uses SQLite extensively. Some weeks
ago, suddenly began to almost hang in certain operations, where delayed
minutes to complete some step that usually take less than a second.

I think that the problem was in a malloc operation in a associated
library -OpenOffice's Hunspell-. The problem appeared consistently when
running in Windows XP, but the same .exe run always perfectly in Windows 7.

Some days ago, the problem vanished as suddenly as it appeared, and I
suspect that both times was the effect of one of the regular Windows's
updates.

HTH.

A.J.Millan