>> Thanks for that, and the analysis that preceded it.  That was my guess,
>> especially point 1, the most significant thing.
>> Simon, I read both your suggestion and the Richard's good explanation about
>> network problems. I think that the idea still deserves to live in some form
>> :). I sometimes access sqlite db on a remote computer accessed with sqlite
>> shell executed in telnet/ssh. It works and it looks like good design for
>> interaction in terms of network bandwidth. If it can be implemented in more
>> friendly way toward the developer, I think it would still be a lighter
>> version of a sql-aware dbms than SQLite/PostgreSQL. Another thought, imagine
>> that a remote computer contains many sqlite databases and moreover, many
>> versions of the same database. It's easy to imagine this like hierarchy of
>> sqlite files accessed remotely, but I just can't imagine straightforward way
>> to implement this with conventional client/server dbms.

I agree with this concept and can place test results in the discussion.
Profiling the application puts a sharper edge on the discussion.
Consider the viewpoint of a small, flexible, highly skilled team
dependent on prompt response. Assume that the communication profile
tends to concentrate the information resources locally at each desktop.
However team success depends on the ability to exchange focused
information within a short response time. Further assume that much of
the success depends on an accurate analysis of the information provided
from the team members. Distribution of needed assets tends to be
relatively even throughout the group without repetition..

Internet Messaging does not place information resources centrally; but
enables a timely exchange between team members of filtered, focused
assets. I have been testing SQLite under these requirements for the last
two years with satisfying results. The tests confirm results reported in
the list. The following article presents the Proof of Concept, and for
the interested further information on implementation.

Progressing farther could employ concepts such as attaching to minimize
needs of a client-server architecture while still fulfilling the
profiled team needs. Team members could query local resources and
prevent the problems of the db engine given in the previous example.
Delving into the model as the article suggests shows that this
architecture is scalable and does not rely on a network server. This
model moves away from dependence on the network to dependence on
intelligence to query local resources and share the results. I think
this model has the adaptability to offer potential to the suppositions
made by Max.

Search Session Threading based on Spiral Modeling for Internet
Messaging  Scribd article:
<http://www.scribd.com/doc/36725150/Search-Session-Threading-based-on-Spiral-Modeling-for-Internet-Messaging-as-demonstrated-by-Ulam%C2%B4s-Spiral-Proof-of-Concept>

I've gotten a lot of good ideas from this friendly and helpful list. -
Gary Gabriel

Internet Messaging has been in a test phase for the last two years using
a small network with SQLite.