On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Ian Hardingham <i...@omroth.com> wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> I am under the impression that there is no concurrent access to a single
> SQLite DB.  Ie if thread A is performing a query, and thread B trys to
> query, it will block until thread A is finished, no matter the query.
>
> 1.  Is this correct?

Certainly not!  By default, an arbitrary number of readers can execute
queries concurrently.  But writers block readers and other writers.

Under the "WAL" journaling mode you can have readers executing concurrently
with a writer.  See http://www.sqlite.org/wal.html#concurrency for details
on that.

SQLite isn't the king of concurrency by any stretch, but it does much better
than at-most-one-querier-at-a-time.

Eric

--
Eric A. Smith

Dad said, "To fish you must be patient."  Since Dad is not patient,
and since he was catching no fish, I figured he must be right.
    -- Paige Smith, age 14