Marco Bambini <ma...@sqlabs.net> wrote:
> Hello, I have two tables defined as:
>
> CREATE TABLE MKObjects (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, platform TEXT,
> type TEXT, parent_id INTEGER DEFAULT 0);
> CREATE TABLE MKProperties (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, obj_id
> INTEGER, prop_key TEXT, prop_value TEXT, UNIQUE(obj_id,
> prop_key));
>
> I need to create a query that returns 2 columns key, value (column names are
> not important) where the first row is the label 'ID'
> with value id from MKObjects and the other rows are the columns prop_key,
> prop_value from MKProperties where obj_id= MKObjects.id
> satisfying a WHERE condition.

You don't really need, or want, to create a query like that. It goes against
the grain of SQL. You want this:

select o.id,  prop_key, prop_value
from MKObjects o join MKProperties p on (o.id = p.obj_id)
where type='PANEL' AND platform='IPHONE'
order by o.id;

When formatting your report, output a section heading whenever id column
changes from previous row.
--
Igor Tandetnik