Ian Hardingham <i...@omroth.com> wrote:
> I'm using an SQLite implementation that someone else made for my
> high-level language of choice.
>
> While looking through the imp, I've just found this function, which is
> used as the callback argument to sqlite3_exec.  Does this look like an
> ok useage?  It seems to me like this might be doing a lot of work for
> some data I may never use.

I imagine that, lacking prescience, the callback has no way to know which data
you will eventually use and which you won't, and has no choice but to store it
all.

If at all possible, I would suggest moving away from sqlite3_exec towards a
forward cursor based on sqlite3_prepare / sqlite3_step.
--
Igor Tandetnik