On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:13 AM, <sasikuma...@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Motorola MC55 device, with 2GB external memory card.
>
> For the SQlite Db I have used the following Pragma values
>
> PRAGMA cache_size = 16000
> PRAGMA  temp_store = 2
> PRAGMA  synchronous = OFF
> PRAGMA  locking_mode = EXCLUSIVE
>
> for some performance improvement
>
> For insertion of records I use
>
> sqlite3_prepare
>
> then binding the values using
>
> sqlite3_bind_int64
>
> and finally executing using
>
> sqlite3_step
>
> We use to insert a set of 10 records every time, so I use "BEGIN" and
> "COMMIT" transaction .
>
> Despite these the insertion is slow, like it takes around 700 milliseconds
> to insert one record, is there anyother way to improve the performance.
> Kindly help in this regard

I have no idea what a Motorola MC55 is, but either it is a very slow device
or else you are doing something wrong.  Some things to try:

(1) Increase the number of inserts within a single transaction to 1000.
Does that make it 100 times faster?  (It should.)

(2) Set PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;

(3) Populate your database on a workstation then copy it over to the device.

> Regards,
> Sasikumar U
> and any attachments. Thank you

D. Richard Hipp