My application makes use of a number of separate SQLite DB files (in
some cases > 100). Each DB is handled by its own thread, which may be
making frequent small writes, or sleeping extensively then occasionally
making a more substantial number of writes. I'm trying to decide on a
policy for keeping DBs open versus repeatedly opening/closing them.

Are there any hard or practical limits on the number of SQLite DBs that
can be held open at the same time? And is there any data on the relative
performance cost of the open operation?

Any info or rules of thumb would be appreciated!

--
Paul Roberts