On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Sidney Cadot <sid...@jigsaw.nl> wrote:
>

>> Would it be useful to open a ticket on this issue, or will it never be
>> changed e.g. for fear of breaking backward compatibility?
>>

> There are approx 2 billion legacy apps in the wild that use SQLite.  Not
> breaking things is very important to us, therefore.  So there needs to be a
> compelling reason to make a change like this.  I do not think you have made
> a sufficient case for the change, yet.

I and others use SQLite from R and R itself gives Inf, -Inf and NaN
for 1/0, -1/0 and 0/0 respectively so it would reduce the differences
between the database and R if it worked in the same way.  Perhaps an
option could control this behavior so that backwards compatibility
could be maintained.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.