Natusch, Paul <pnatu...@tycoint.com> wrote:
> In another process, I have a sqlite command line connected to the same
> database, I periodically do select * from tableName;
>
> This causes my write to get a busy response.  How do I enable
> shared_cache for the command line?

Shared cache works only for multiple connections within the same process. It
doesn't work across processes.

Consider using Write-Ahead Logging (WAL):

http://www.sqlite.org/wal.html

With WAL, readers never block writers and vice versa (two writers still block
each other).

> Is it true that if the read uncommitted pragma and shared_cache are
> enabled that the select will not take any locks?

It will not take any in-memory locks within the shared cache. It will still
take the regular SHARED locks on the database file.
--
Igor Tandetnik