Reading the release notes and documentation for SQLite 3.7.7, I noticed what
I believe may be an oversight / minor problem with the URI filename support
when using SQLite on a Windows platform.

The documentation clearly states that using an authority other than
localhost is not permitted.  However, AFAICT, the standard form of a file:
URI on windows for a UNC path uses exactly that.

For example, the UNC path \\darkstar\home\fred\data.db would map to the
example invalid URI file://darkstar/home/fred/data.db in the documentation.
Windows does accept file://\\darkstar/home/fred/data.db as an equivalent,
but the APIs I've seen to automatically convert a file path to a file: URI
will generate the former format which SQLite does not accept.