not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this but i'm hoping
someone can give me some useful pointers.

  as part of an embedded system build, i'm building a number of tools
for the *host* system, including sqlite-3.6.7 from the tarball (along
with a few patches which i will be examining shortly).

  the sqlite build is part of a much larger build, and when this
process gets around to unpacking, configuring and compiling sqlite3,
it fails with:

 Compiling:  sqlite
remake[4]: *** No rule to make target `sqlite3.c', needed by
`sqlite3.lo'.  Stop.

  after a quick inspection, i can see (i think) that part of the
configuration and build process is to *create* the sqlite3.c source
file to be used as part of the compilation, is that correct?

  so what is the probable reason that that file wouldn't be created?
i still have a fair bit of examination left to understand how this
entire build system works but this is the issue that's stopping me
from getting any further.

  this is being done on a fully-updated ubuntu 11.04 system, so i'm
open to suggestions as to what make rule or shell script might be the
culprit here.  thanks.

rday