On 9/13/2011 8:38 AM, Tim Streater wrote:
I don't see an easy way of solving conflicting absids.
The hard way of solving this is to select all the fields of the messages table
explicitly (except absid), so I can then insert them into a new row in the
destination table. But I'm trying to avoid this as a maintenance headache (I
may wish to change the schema for messages from time to time).

The explicit column selection sure seems like the right way of solving it to me. What you are doing to avoid it is (obviously from the discussion) difficult and error-prone.

Yes, you will have to change the statement when the schema changes. I think of that as a task, not a headache.

Gerry