On 20 Sep 2011, at 9:43am, Berthier, Emmanuel wrote:

> I'm using Sqlite 3.6.22 Froyo Branch on Android 2.3.4 distribution on a
> handset with eMMC storage memory.
> In case of power-cut (battery removal or kernel panic), we encounter some
> rare but critical errors during database rollback sequence: journal file is
> corrupted:
> # sqlite3 contacts2.db
> sqlite> PRAGMA integrity_check;
> PRAGMA integrity_check;
> Error: disk I/O error

Here are all the SQLite result codes:

http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_abort.html

As you can see they're about formatting and files.  'disk I/O error' isn't a
SQLite result code, I think it may be a sign that your hardware is faulty.

One thing that "PRAGMA integrity_check" does is read a lot of the file very
quickly.  It doesn't read every byte of the file but it does read a lot of the
file and do some intense processing.  So it's a good way of putting storage,
memory, databus and CPU under load.  I think there's a chance that this is
betraying some underlying fault with your hardware.

Perhaps you have some benchtesting software you can run on the same unit.
Something that does a bunch of processing and writing and reading of files but
doesn't involve any SQLite ?

Simon.