On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Nathan Lawrentschuk <
lawrentsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear SQlite
> according to forums I am accumulating sqlite files that are on an hourly
> basis accumulating in my windows temp files as "etilqs" files (sqlite
> backwards). Quite frankly, this may as well be a virus becuase of the
> trouble it is causing and such files are giving your product a bad name in
> the webworld. You would be well advised to have a link on your webpage how
> to stop this happening (if you are the culprit) as I suspect there are many
> angered computer uses out their in cyberspace like myself. Your advice
> would
> be most appreciated.
> Regards Nathan

Dear Nathan

SQLite is not a computer program or application.  It is a library.  SQLite
is a component piece of many other applications (Firefox, Chrome, iTunes,
McAfee, Photoshop, Skype, etc.)  But by itself, it is inert.  It does
nothing on its own.  It is not SQLite, then, that is leaving temp files on
your machine; it is some other application that is using SQLite as a tool to
leave temp files on your machine.

By analogy, you can think of SQLite as a car tire.  The tires are a very
important piece of your car.  Without them, you car won't go.  But on the
other hand, the tires won't go either, unless connected to your car.

Now, suppose you woke up one morning and found that a miscreant teenager had
used his car to burn donuts on your front lawn.  Would you then write a
testy missive to Bridgestone or Goodyear complaining that their products
were going to get a bad name in the webworld because they had failed to
include instructions on their website on how to stop misguided youth from
burning donuts with their products?

I'm very sorry that your machine is having problems.  But on the other hand,
the problems are not caused by SQLite.  There is nothing we can do to stop
it.  Nor is nothing we can do to identify the true culprit.

> --
> *A/Prof Nathan Lawrentschuk
> *MB BS PhD FRACS (Urology)
> *University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery, Austin Hospital
> **Urological Surgeon & Urologic Oncologist*
> *Suite 5, 210 Burgundy Street*
> *Heidelberg Vic 3084*
> *AUSTRALIA*
> *Tel:  +61 3 9387 1000 (call service)*