On Oct 1, 2011, at 2:09 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:

>> Thanks for sharing. What about insert time (i.e. insert blob vs. write file)?
>
> This would be far more dependent on your combination of operating system and
> file system.  Reading a file is pretty-much the same on everything.  Creating
> a new one is done very differently.

Well, I guess the same disclaimer applies to both operation:

"This is on Ubuntu with EXT4 and a fast SATA disk - your mileage may vary with
different operating systems, filesystems, and hardware."

http://www.sqlite.org/intern-v-extern-blob.html

That said, it would still be interesting to see how the write operations
compare with such a setting.