Well, this case is somewhat weird.  I have a number of tables
        like:

PRAGMA "foreign_keys" = 1;

CREATE TABLE "foo-L" (
    key     INTEGER PRIMARY KEY
            REFERENCES "foo" (key),
    value   INTEGER NOT NULL);

        Which are tied to a single table, like:

CREATE TABLE "foo" (
    key     INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
    value   INTEGER NOT NULL);

        This structure is, obviously, could just as well be represented
        with, e. g.:

CREATE TABLE "foo" (
    "key"       INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
    "value"     INTEGER NOT NULL,
    "value-1"   INTEGER,
    …
    "value-N"   INTEGER);

        (I. e., by abandoning the NOT NULL constraint from the
        respective columns.)  For which I could then specify an
        uniqueness constraint:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "foo-unique"
    ON "foo" ("value", "value-1", …, "value-N");

        Now, I'm somewhat concerned that the table above may get overly
        sparse at times, which makes me wonder if I could establish an
        equivalent constraint over the original multi-relation
        structure, as described above?

--
FSF associate member #7257