On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> That is a great question, and I'd love to see answers from PHP programmers.

Personally, i prefer PDO. i like it's simplified model (unification of query
and result set) and find it easy to work with. i like it so much that i
wrote a C library to mimic it:

http://whiki.wanderinghorse.net/wikis/cpdo/

I have had trouble using the PDO API in situations that demand proper
> error-handling.  If you have a situation where something either works or
> doesn't you're fine.  If you have to understand exactly what error you got,
> in order to handle several different situations, you pretty-much have to
> simulate all your error conditions and see what happens to write your
> program.

True enough, but most PHP apps, i would guess, don't reach anywhere near
that level of complexity. i've never personally had a situation where i
needed to know exactly what broken - a generic PDO exception has always
sufficed for me.

>  The advantage of the SQLite3 interface here is that it perfectly reflects
> the documentation for the SQLite3 C API, so you can probably figure out what
> to do just by reading the SQLite C documentation.

Amen.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/