On 24 Oct 2011, at 4:42am, Farhan Husain wrote:

> So, I was just wondering how you would deal with multiple processes accessing
> the database. You can't guarantee that all would be closing the connection
> properly. It would seem that if all connections needed to be closed before a
> proper changepassword call can take place, then the chances of database
> corruption would increase in a multi-process/multi-access environment.

How did you expect it to work when you designed the system ?  After all,
changing the password to a database when lots of other processes are reading it
would naturally cause problems for those processes.  They would all suddenly
start generating errors because they'd be unable to access their data.

Simon.