Hello Bernd!

I have a very limited knowledge about such matters, but it seems to me
there is a caveat in the whole area of using encrypted data on a end-user
pc;

For your .NET application to use the, DB it must first decrypt it; That
means, storing the plain version in ram; A memory dump will pronto show the
contents of this sqlite database;

There is also handy way of using a debugger to find the function that
decrypts the db (by monitoring all standard .NET disk I/O, obviously the
function will have to read the file first);

So, given that you are aware of those issues, there is a way that has been
known to work in the past (for C programs)  - implement certain
anti-debugger techniques (program detected the presence of a debugger and
behaved differently or erratically);
Storing a password in an obscure manner (not a string! cause they can be
sniffed by 'strings' utility with ease) also is a good option; Using hash
to calculate password at run-time can aslo complicate the job of a will-be
hacker;

Hope that is helpful

Eugene