On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Korey Calmettes <kcalmet...@icontime.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are having a random problem with our system that has be puzzled at
> this point.
>
> First a little background.  We have an embedded system running an ARM
> processor and JFFS file system.  We are running 3.7.7.1.  I e-mailed
> about a month ago about enabling WAL on our system.  Found out that I
> needed to set SQLITE_SHM_DIRECTORY to our tmpfs file system when
> compiling as JFFS doesn't support shared mmap files.
>
> This has been working fine, however throughout our testing, we have been
> hitting a problem.  It seems that some tables are no longer accessible
> giving a Disk I/O Error.  I logged into the command line interface and
> replicated the problem.  I ran ".log stdout" and here are the results.
>
> sqlite> select password from auth;
> (522) statement aborts at 7: [select password from auth;]
> Error: disk I/O error
>
> However access to other tables will work without any problems.

Error code 522 is SQLITE_IOERR_SHORT_READ.  It is generated here:

     http://www.sqlite.org/src/artifact/07acbb3e074e?ln=3012

SQLite was trying to read N bytes and got back M byes where M>0 and M<N.

Perchance is your database file truncated?  What happens when you run
"PRAGMA integrity_check" on the database?  What is the page size of your
database?

> I searched for how to read the log without success.  I am hopeful that
> someone would be able to tell me what's going on.
>
> Korey

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org