There is too much ambiguity with regards to needid; poor coding|edit
checking on my part.  When I label everything properly, then the query runs
successfully (darn fast, too).  I also changed the replacement tag @depth
to @dpth.  When I was examining everything with notepad++, it highlighted
@depth as a keyword.  I thought maybe I should change that.

Anywho, the system was not throwing an error.  It just cycled and cycled
and cycled.

dvn

=========================

update seg_02_matches set rtwgt =
(
  select avg(rowid) from
  (
    select pr.rowid
    from seg_02_matches as m1
    inner join seg_02_matches_view as n1 on n1.rowid = m1.needid
    inner join seg_02_pool_view as p on p.zip = n1.zip and p.crrt = n1.crrt
    inner join add_priorities as pr on pr.prty = p.prty and pr.poolid =
p.fileid
    where m1.needid = seg_02_matches.needid
    order by pr.rowid
    limit @dpth
  )
)
where needid in
(
  select m2.needid from seg_02_matches as m2
  inner join seg_02_matches_view as n2 on n2.rowid = m2.needid
  where n2.CR = @dpth
);