On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Erik Fears <str...@strtok.net> wrote:

> I've got a WAL database with only readers right now. I'm opening and close
> the database
> at pretty rapid rate, and usually have about 100 connections open at a
> time. I'm
> using prepared statements for SELECTS and I'm pretty sure I'm finalizing
> the statements.
>
> After a while I start getting back "database is locked".
>
> How can this happen with a WAL database? This is OS X.

I didn't think it could, under the circumstances you describe.  Are you
sure your description of the scenerio is correct?  Are you building SQLite
yourself, our using the one that comes built-in to OSX?

Is this all happening in a single process?  Or lots of separately processes?

If you have only readers, why both with WAL mode, single DELETE mode works
just as well in that case?

> --erik

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org