hi,

thanks for your reply.
I know there is no permissions problems since after some time when I try
the same action,
it succeeds. in the website, I manage to read/write/delete in different
locations of the code.
and since the website is on a shared hosting I cannot modify the TMP
definitions, which I assume they exist.
the fact that it does work for time to time , makes it difficult to debug.

Shahar.