I tried it both ways, even tried putting SQLite.Designer.dll into GAC (which as
I now understand is not required). Still the same result.

Interestingly it works fine with VS2010 on the same machine. Is there a log
file I can look up somewhere on the disk where I can get more specific error
from?

Thanks,
 - Levi