Thank you Joe, it works the way you suggested.

 However its a little confusing since the parameter name is *not* required, it
fact even *not allowed* in case where there's no number following "?". In other
words, there are three distinct and mutually incompatible ways to specify a
parameter:

1) "?" - works ONLY without parameter name
2) "?1" - works ONLY with parameter name of "1" (without "?" prefix)
3) ":1" or "@1" - works ONLY with parameter name of ":1" or "@1" respectively
(includes the prefix)

I personally was trying to use positional parameters instead of named ones to
avoid paying the performance price for internal parameter name lookup. But
reading this makes me think that "?nnn" syntax relies on the name as well and
not the position and therefore does not carry any performance benefits. Is that
true?

Thanks again,
 - Levi> From: sql...@mistachkin.com