Just one more addition: If I only start a single background thread,
everything is fine. If I start two threads, one of them always fails.
But it's not always the same one. With two graph painting jobs of very
different time duration, sometimes the shorter wins, and sometimes it's
the longer one. But the message and the stack trace remain the same.

The message occurs at the beginning of the whole processing, and
afterwards it still takes some time for the other threads to complete.
But those who do complete do their work well. So the error only affects
one of the connections, leaving the other connections alone.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.l...@unclassified.de>