>>Would this be able to run on windows mobile or windows ce?

I don't see why not but I've never used windows mobile or ce and I suppose it
depends on the hardware too.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you are trying to do but it seems to me that
somewhere in the process that gets your data
into your AS400 you should be able to put a program which reads the database
and outputs a CSV file.

It should not be a hard program to write and looks to me like a better option
than trying to get the shell to do it.

Quite where in the process this best fits depends on how your hardware hangs
together and how streamlined you want the
user experience to be.

Andy

PS Sorry if these aren't slotting into the threads correctly, I'm new here and
trying to work out just how to do it.