SQLite does not compress your blob and you will have to do that
programatically.  However you can define your own with
sqlite_create_function_v2(): the prototype of your function would be

void compress(sqlite3_context *context, int argc, sqlite3_value **argv)
{
   assert(argc==1);
   void *data = sqlite3_value_blob(argv[0]);
   int nBytes = sqlite3_value_bytes(argv[0]);

   // allocate memory for result
   sqlite3_result_blob(...);
}

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:42, Christoph P.U. Kukulies
<k...@kukulies.org> wrote:
> Since I'm inserting large files into the DB I'm wondering whether
> Sqlite can do compression on the data BLOB by itself or whether I
> should do that by programming when creating the BLOB?

Benoit Mortgat
20, avenue Marcel Paul
69200 VĂ©nissieux, France
+33 6 17 15 41 58