On March 23, Jeff Robbins wrote:
When building using the SQLite amalgamation, I noticed Windows.h being included without
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.  This includes a lot of extraneous "cruft".  Any
reason not to trim down the windows build this way?

There is no real reason not to do that. For my build of a customized shell, this trims amalgamation compile time from 510mS to 400mS after a series of previous compiles that have the same setting. (This gets filesystem caching effects to behave as they would in any build where this time saving would be a practical concern.)

If I was more cantankerous, I would be tempted to say there is no real reason to complicate a build script for this 110mS time saving. Of course, if you are building on some ancient machine, you might save more time.

Cheers,
--
Larry Brasfield