On 31 Mar 2012, at 12:48pm, "Black, Michael (IS)" <michael.bla...@ngc.com>
wrote:

> What you want is the system() function which will execute a shell command.
>

> But you still need to add your own HTML around it to be displayed by a
> browser as it's missing the "rest of the story".
>

> system("echo <HTML> >mm.html");  // first one creates mm.html

There's a problem with this  The normal operating system command shell
recognises the '>' character as meaning that the output should go to a file.
But that's okay: you can write your system() function to do the same thing.
But if you do that, the system() function will recognise the '>' at the end of
'<table>' as an output directive too.

I don't know what OS or shell the OP is using.

Simon.