So I guess that's a "No" then?

I'm fully aware of how sqlite3 treats datatypes and column width
specifications, but surely if someone defines a column with a specific max
width, it's reasonable to assume that's the max width they want, otherwise
why bother defining it?  That would seem to be a lot less arbitrary than
the current logic for determining the default column width.

--
Pete